Heating Oil Delivery in the Snow
January 25, 2016
Winter weather can create a crisis situation for the delivery of fuel to homes in our area. The combination of major snow storms, packed ice and extreme cold can make it impossible, in many instances, for our delivery teams to access homes for oil and propane deliveries.
To ensure our ability to make deliveries and provide emergency service, in a timely manner, we are asking for your assistance.
Please stay inside, and stay safe.
Please remember to:
- Make sure your driveway is cleared to a width of at least 10 feet so our trucks can safely maneuver;
- Clear a path to – and area around – your oil fill-pipe and/or propane tank so our delivery team can make a delivery;
- Be sure the cap for your buried propane tank has been cleared so we can locate and access it;
- Make sure your walkways are cleared so our technicians can access your home safely;
- Make sure your venting systems are clear from snow and ice and your batteries are working in your CO detectors.
We appreciate your cooperation.
Should you have any questions regarding any of this information, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Customer representatives at 973.762.7400