The Most Energy Efficient Home Heating Sources
January 31, 2017
Here in the Northeast, we can experience severe and prolonged cold snaps during the winter months. These cold snaps make us think about our home heating and our energy bills. If you are looking for a way to heat your home that is the most effective and the most efficient, there are some choices that may be better than others.
Energy Efficient Home Heating Services
- Geothermal Heating – Geothermal heating is one of the most efficient ways to heat your home. Geothermal systems use the earth’s core temperature to help heat the air entering your home without the large cost. It is also one of the most expensive to install. Due to the expense, it is not a great option for all homeowners.
- Heat Pump – Installing a heat pump can help you save money on your heating costs and it can also double as a cooling system. This makes heat pumps an effective and efficient method to heat your home with. Heat pumps use the air outside, pump, and compressor/condenser to help heat your home. You can use ducts or a ductless heat pump system making them perfect for any home.
- Boilers – New boilers allow you to zone heating throughout your home and are a lot more energy efficient than they once were. The zoning allows you to only heat the areas of your home you are currently using, this can decrease your energy costs significantly. If you already have a boiler installed, installed a new energy efficient model can be very cost effective.
- Natural Gas Furnace – Heating using natural gas can be a great way to heat your home. Not only does a natural gas furnace keep your home warm and comfortable but it is also efficient. The newer the model the more energy efficient your furnace will be. If you have an older gas furnace model you may want to consider replacing it with a newer model.
- Oil Furnaces – Today’s oil furnaces are not the oil furnaces of the past. They are clean burning and highly efficient–on par with natural gas furnaces. Many models of modern oil furnaces can achieve greater than 90% efficiency ratings, making them a great, choice for economically heating your home.
- Electric Furnace – The lease efficient way to heat your home is through an electric furnace. However, if you already have an electric furnace that runs well and is in good condition there are things you can do to help increase efficiency. Be sure to change out your filter and have your system maintained regularly.
Choosing the Right Heat Source for Your Home
If you are looking to replace or upgrade your heating system the team at Woolley Home Solutions are here to help. We have been working with homeowners all over Essex, Somerset, and Union Counties to help them find the most efficient and effective heating systems for their homes.
Contact our heating experts today and let us help you save money while staying comfortable this winter.