Can I Use Bio-Diesel in My Oil Furnace?
If you have heard about the many advantages of bio-diesel you may be wondering if you can use it in your oil furnace.
Bio-diesel is a renewable fuel option that is made from a blend of recycled oils and animal fats. Scientists are also coming up with new options all the time, including exploring options like algae.
Thanks to its sustainability and the fact that it is better for the environment, bio-fuel is becoming more popular and not just with diesel car owners but also with homeowners because it can also be used in most oil furnaces to heat your home.
Bio-Diesel Advantages Over Heating Oil
In fact, using bio-diesel in your furnace provides many advantages.
- Bio-diesel is a cleaner burning fuel therefore it will help keep your tank cleaner.
- Bio-diesel releases significantly less greenhouse gas.
- You can gradually phase bio-diesel into your gas furnace without having to convert your tank in any way.
- Bio-diesel fuel is biodegradable and much better for the environment.
- By using bio-diesel you will be helping the U.S. economy rather than funding other countries to supply us with fuel.
As you can see using bio-diesel in your oil furnace can be a great choice for homeowners, the environment, and our country.
Before using bio-diesel in your system, it is a good idea to have your system maintained and checked. This is just to make sure that your system is working properly and does not have any leaks. You can then transition over to bio-diesel.
Bio-Diesel Home Heating Fuel in New Jersey
If you are looking to make the transition to bio-diesel contact the team at Woolley Home Solutions. We were the first company to sell bio-diesel in the Maplewood, NJ, area and we are enthusiastic about helping homeowners make the switch to using bio-diesel in their oil furnaces.
Contact our team today and start helping our environment and your home while staying comfortable through the winter months.